We have a COVID Safe Plan in place.
What we’re asking visitors to do to keep everyone safe:
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, nor have returned from overseas or any known hotspot in the last 14 days.
- There is no entry without a prior booking.
- Provide your name and contact details when booking or on entry to support contact tracing.
Anyone booking tickets on behalf of others is required to provide those people’s contact details, if requested.
During your visit:
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times.
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people.
- Cough and sneeze into elbows or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- Visitors who don’t comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of all.
What we are doing to keep everyone safe:
- Each space has a maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Our shows are mostly outdoors and our capacity is based on the rule of 1 person per 2 square metres.
- Please follow instructions from staff.
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use.
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the entry and at various places throughout the building.
Your tour begins outside under the open sky with a guided walk through our Milky Way Galaxy, stopping off at constellations along the way, as your astronomer explains how the universe works and how stars are formed. Learn about the Southern Cross and how to find south, see the Magellanic Clouds – two galaxies orbiting our own and hear some stories of the Dreaming.
You will have the opportunity to look at various objects including visible planets, bright stars, clusters and nebulas through our telescopes.
During the evening our astronomer will take you on a unique journey not only through space but through time itself as you witness the wonders of star birth, globular clusters of stars, even planets if they are visible and much more.
You will see that the sky has seasons that beckon you to come back again and again to follow and learn more of our changing sky.
Our astronomer is happy to answer questions as we go along and will work hard to ensure an enjoyable evening for all.
A typical night show goes for 75-90 minutes. This includes a quick introduction outside as our eyes become adjusted to the darkness.
We operate multiple shows a night. Our maximum group size can be 30 in peak times or if booked as a group and private session.
Our normal maximum size per group is 24 and our minimum group size is 2 people.
The size of groups vary by day of the week or school or public holidays.
We do run multiple shows per night during busy times.
Adults (16+) $30.00
Children (5-16) $15.00
Child (Under 5) FREE
Family (2A / 2C) $75.00
SHORT CHILD FOCUS PLANET GAZING SHOW:
Family (2A / 2C) $50.00
Extra Child (5-U16) $10.00
Plus 1.47% Credit Card payment fee – calculated at checkout.
All prices are listed in Australian (AUD) dollars.
Your entry fee is refunded if you cancel or change numbers with more than 48 hours notice provided.
If less than 48 hours notice is given, no refund is given.
To claim your refund please email your name, booking number and method of payment.
If it is overcast at the start time of the session, we can provide an “Ask the Astronomer” session and history of the observatory and if the sky clears in parts we will show you what objects we can through the telescope.
If you do not wish to partake in this please cancel up to 6 hours prior to get a full refund.
If the weather is obviously not suitable with rain, high humidity, severe winds or thick cloud cover we will contact you to either reschedule or refund as our shows are all conducted out of doors.
Yes. Those in vehicles with disabled plates or requesting access may park in the designated spaces available in the Observatory’s carpark.
Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis but it is best to advise in advance so we can ensure that you can get to pass as close as possible.
The area is flat including in the observing area.
Please choose products carefully as we do not accept returns for change of mind.
Full refunds can be issued back to the original form of payment for orders than have been cancelled prior to the item being dispatched from our shop.
We get it, we’ve all made mistakes; return requests for incorrect items that have been delivered must be made within 14 days from the date of delivery and a store credit will be provided in the original amount (including any discounts).
Eligible returns must be in the same unused/unopened condition you received the item in with all original packaging. The corresponding tax-invoice number for your order must be supplied to enquire about returns and exchanges with a member of our staff.
The cost of return shipping is covered by us in the case of warranty-related issues, in all other cases shipping is due to the customer.
Order cancellation fees or return re-stocking fees may apply to special items at our discretion.
Most deliveries are made via Australia Post. For larger items they will be sent with tracking or via StarTrack Express